Fela arrived at Green Pastures around 9:30. He had a wound dressing on his left keloid to catch the drips. He has been quiet throughout the day, but picking at his keloids fairly constantly. The highlights of the day were:
- he enjoyed licking the mixing bowls as Michael was baking. This co-incided with his morning snack.
- He watched Breathe church service online followed by a T.D. Jakes sermon. During the service, he played with his tongue drum.
- We paused T.D. Jakes on youtube on order to have lunch which Fela really seemed to enjoy as he was smiling a lot – chilli con carne.
- After lunch, we listened to music then we watched a DVD of Soul, the pixar movie. I was giving him a head message on and off to distract him from his keloids. also gave him a small ball and hair brush for his hands to fidget with.
- Afterwards, we telephoned Nanna Hazel, and had a good chat with her. Fela was listening in to most of it, and getting excited when Mama started laughing.
- After dinner, I gave Fela a facial and applied some smaller size plasters. The left keloid began dripping again so I wiped it with witchhazel then gave Fela some more aloe leaves to rub on his keloids. This stops the blood flow but also soothes the area, and gives Fela something to do with his hands besides picking at scabs.
- Fela was not keen on dancing with mama or bouncing on the ball as he was busy attending to his keloids.
- At the time of writing, he is relaxing in the bath.
*Sleepwell tea was given at his evening snack because this will help him sleep well, and hopefully prevent him from picking at his keloids all night.
Arousal States – Start: 1 Baseline End: 1 Baseline Did his state change? No to Did he have a bowel movement? No Bristol score: Was Fela incontinent?: No Did he have vigorous exercise?: No – Why no exercise? Fela has been picking at his keloids the whole day, and his keloids have been dripping a lot of pus and blood. The focus has been on dressing the keloids and giving him aloe leaves to rub on the keloids.