The highlights of Fela’s day were as follows:
- He enjoyed licking the mixing bowl three times as Michael baked three different desserts followed by a popcorn and walnut snack.
- He watched Breathe New Life church online. I wrote a thank you card to the pastors to thank them for their prayers regarding Fela’s keloid surgery. I read the card to Fela, and he seemed pleased. I hope to post it this week.
- After lunch, Fela chose to watch T.D. Jakes preaching. I watched with him as I cleared the dining table.
- I gave him a quick manicure as I noticed he was picking at one of his fingers.
- After his snack, Fela chose to go upstairs for a nap, and slept for 45 minutes.
- He was very vocal on waking. I offered him a choice between playing cards or story, he chose story so I read him ‘A Baker’s Story’ from last week’s activities. We practised some signs from the story.
- Fela signed for something with pasta and I didn’t know what he meant; it looked as if he was scooping something out of jar with his finger and it started with ‘p’. When I eventually said ‘pesto’, he breathed a sigh of relief.
- Fela enjoyed pasta, green pesto and tuna fish for his dinner. He had eaten this before at our house so he clearly remembered.
- Michael sat with him during dinner then offered him a DVD whilst I finished off some admin for Team Fela. He chose ‘Aladdin’ which he chooses 9/10 of the time. I finished around 20:45 and I went to run his bath.
- We removed his bandage, and he is now relaxing quietly in the bath.
Arousal States – Start: 1 Baseline End: 1 Baseline Did his state change? Yes to 2a – Vocal Fela has been vocal on and off throughout the day. Did he have a bowel movement? Yes Bristol score: Was Fela incontinent?: No Did he have vigorous exercise?: No – Why no exercise? I had to do Admin in the evening so Fela watched a film whilst Michael sat with him. Michael has an injured ankle.