Fela has been vocal and sluggish the whole day – this is understandable considering his disturbed sleep last night. The highlights of the day were as follows:
- Fela watched Breathe church’s service after his mid-morning snack of homemade popcorn, walnuts and pistachios.
- Michael baked cookies during the morning but Fela was not keen in participating despite being asked.
- After lunch, Fela drank his pear and apple tea, then requested to go upstairs for a nap.
- He slept for 1 hour.
- He woke naturally and was vocal. He requested his snack – yoghurt and juice. I signed that he would be having fruit as well.
- I offered him the choice between a DVD or story. He chose ‘Soul’ DVD but it became stuck after a few minutes so he chose ‘The Wizard of Oz’ instead.[Michael intends to re-upload the ‘Soul’ DVD to Plex as there may have been an error during the first upload.]
- The film ended just before dinner. After dinner, he requested hot chocolate and toast with peanut butter repeatedly.
- I tried to engage Fela in dancing and bouncing on the gym ball but he could not do it for a sustained period of more than a few minutes. The weather was hot, and he had not had much sleep.
- He enjoyed the music videos and watching Mama dancing.
- After his snack had settled, I prompted him to put his shirt and socks and shoes on. He had spent most of the day in just his cotton vest with no socks because it was very warm.
- We arrived at his home to greet Teresa just before 21:00. He entered the bath just before we left.
Arousal States – Start: 2a – Vocal End: 2a – Vocal Did his state change? Yes to 1 Baseline From time to time Fela was baseline e.g. when he took a nap for one hour. Did he have a bowel movement? Yes Bristol score: Was Fela incontinent?: No Did he have vigorous exercise?: No – I tried to encourage Fela to dance and bounce on his gym ball, but he could not sustain either for longer than a few minutes.