Fela arrived at Green Pastures just before 9:30. he seemed to be full of beans and Michael handed over that he had slept through the night as reported by Claire. The following are the highlights of Fela’s day:
- He played with the tongue drum whilst listening to George Benson jazz for about an hour before his mid-morning snack.
- He kept making the sign for cooking. Because I suspected that he meant ‘licking the bowl’ after Michael did the hard work of baking, I decided to go on pexels.com and print two images – one for baking and one for licking the bowl. I then gave Fela the choice before I put it on the TEACCH board for after lunch.
- He went to the gym and worked out for 50 minutes. I could see that he was getting fitter as he did 15 minutes on the rowing machine, went at a fast pace on the bicycle and was running with the right posture for about 3 minutes.
- Fela watched Michael doing the baking, and then licked the bowl. Mama enjoyed licking a separate bowl and Fela was jealous because he didn’t want to share.
- We tried ringing Nanna Hazel but once again her phone was not ringing so there appears to be a fault on the line.
- We played makaton videos on youtube for ‘drumming’, ‘swimming’ and ‘cycling’.
- We received a telephone call from Dr K. at Fela’s surgery to discuss next steps in appealing the recent delayed procedure for bureaucratic reasons.
- Fela was given a manicure which he thoroughly enjoyed and he was directing me on what implements to use.
- He requested a facial trim but because I didn’t have the kit, I offered him a hair cut instead. He was satisfied with this.
- Fela misappropriated some peanut butter cookies which were cooling on the cutting board. He has also pulling Mama around to the kitchen to get him food. I ended up hiding the yogurt and he was bewildered.
- Fela did two colourings of ‘swimming pool’ and ‘bicycle’. This was following the theme of Fela’s favourite activities. We hope he can soon return to Aquafit.
- Fela was only interested in resting his feet on the gym ball. He eventually settled down from his food fixations and concentrated on watching the pop music videos as Mama danced.
- Fela did something unusual – he requested the tongue drum as I prompted him to go to the bath so I allowed him ten minutes to play. this meant that he was late into the bath at 21:30.
- I am just about to offer him a facial scrub as he is relaxing in the bath.
Arousal States – Start: 1 Baseline End: 1 Baseline Did his state change? Yes to 4 – Agitated Fela became agitated for about 7 minutes before his mid-morning snack. It may have been due to my being distracted by a telephone call from his doctor's surgery just before his snack. Did he have a bowel movement? Yes Bristol score: Was Fela incontinent?: No Did he have vigorous exercise?: Yes – Gym workout