The following are highlights of Fela’s day:
- Fela played with his tongue drum to jazz music.
- We decided to cancel Green Door because the weather frecast for his afternoon session was lots of rain. We set off just after 10:30 to enable him to exercise before the rain. He had his snack in the car on the way to Queen’s park in Crewe.
- We walked briskly for 40 minutes around the various paths at different levels and across the footbridges. Fela was sweating a lot so I kept prompting him to wipe his face with the towel. We prompted him to change his tops before getting into the car.
- On the way home, Fela had his lunch of peanut butter and jam sandwiches in the car. His bandage came loose because his sweating had removed the hypafix sticky effect.
- On returning home, I changed his bandage and prompted him to change his underpants and shorts.
- Fela opted to doc colouring. We continued with the theme of the alphabet which we started on Tuesday. He coloured the letter A with a picture of apple, B with a picture of a bear, C with a picture of a chicken, and D for a picture of a dog. Fela really seemed to enjoy this. Fela enjoyed his snack of fruit and yogurt accompanied by lickings from the mixing bowl as Michael made some more Muffins. Hallelujah! Loads of mix got on Fela’s bandage as he was in such a rush to eat it.
- I read him the story of ‘Paddington in the garden’ from the illustrated hardback book.
- We did makaton signing of the letter ‘R’ followed by ‘I love you’, ‘fruit’ weather signs.
- I gave Fela a manicure then a pedicure.
- After dinner, Michael sat with him while he watched ‘Beauty and the Beast’. I took a break but came down to give Fela his kalms and snack.
- Fela is currently relaxing in the bath where I removed his bandage.
*There was blood in Fela’s stool. This is probably due to straining, and should clear up in 3-4 days. He has been sweating a lot so please ensure he does not become dehydrated as this could affect his stool.
Arousal States – Start: 1 Baseline End: 1 Baseline Did his state change? No to Did he have a bowel movement? Yes Bristol score: Was Fela incontinent?: No Did he have vigorous exercise?: Yes – A brisk walk in the park.