Fela arrived at Green Pastures with Michael at 9:30. Fela was calm and appeared to be in a good mood. Michael handed over that Zoe reported he had slept through the night. The highlights and key features of the day were:
- he played with his tongue drum to jazz music.
- I made him popcorn using the popcorn maker, and he had this with walnuts, pink salt and chilli and lime tortilla chips, crowned with an ice lolly. Fela was over the moon.
- One the gardener left, we were able to venture into the countryside to Wetley Moor Common where we discovered new trails and walked for 40 minutes. Fela worked up a good sweat.
- Because Fela was persistently asking for fish and chips on our outing to Birmingham hospital, we promised to treat him to a Milton Chippy lunch once again. This time we added in some GF onion rings which we all shared. He absolutely loved it!
- After a late lunch, I did the board and asked Fela to choose between colouring and cutting out. He chose cutting out – not surprising as he looked a bit tired. I gave him pics from a magazine in which there were three images of hotel rooms. I mentioned that he will be staying in a hotel room before he has his operation.
- Fela was happy to watch T.D. Jakes deliver a sermon on youtube. During this, I gave him a pedicure and manicure. I noticed he had already had a pedicure so I just smoothed the edges of the nails and applied almond oil to his feet including nails.
- Fela was not keen on dancing with Mama, but I suspected he had had enough exercise today as it was quite warm and he had exerted himself on the walk which involved going up and down slopes and mediating different terrains.
- After Fela’s evening snack, I gave him a facial trim because he had been scratching his face a lot and was clearly in need of it.
At the time of writing, he is relaxing in a warm/hot bath with a handful of epsom salts as usual. All in all, it has been a very positive day.
Arousal States – Start: 1 Baseline End: 1 Baseline Did his state change? No to Did he have a bowel movement? Yes Bristol score: Was Fela incontinent?: No Did he have vigorous exercise?: Yes – walk in new discovery – Wetley Moor Common beyond Bagnall.