When Fela arrived at Green Pastures, he was full of smiles. The highlights of Fela’s day were as follows:
- played on tongue drum.
- enjoyed lickings from the mixing bowl resulting from Michael’s baking.
- Watched Breathe online church service.
- After dinner, he chose to watch T.D. Jakes preaching. when this ran on to a second video, I offered to stop it but he wanted to continue.
- I removed his bandage and he insisted he didn’t want me to re-bandage so I left his face to get some air.
- I rang Grandad Johnny who sent his love to Fela.
- I received a call from Nanna Hazel who spoke to Fela at the end. He said Nanna’ and sang the ‘I love you ‘ song clearly to her. she was very impressed and delighted.
- Fela insisted on a lie down so even though it was after 5pm, I let him sleep for 30 minutes.
- Fela enjoyed watching Mama dance and was waving his arms and clicking his fingers to the music. We also played catch with the gym ball.
- At the time of this report, he is relaxing quietly in the bath.
All in all, a positive day although Fela had two meltdowns [see arousal report]- no doubt due to his amber alert and the fact that he was tired.
Arousal States – Start: 1 Baseline End: 1 Baseline Did his state change? Yes to 4 – Agitated Fela became agitated at the table during lunch because he misunderstood us and thought he had to eat the garlic skin before we could clear the table. Michael and I were both raising our voices to tell him he didn't have to eat it. This lasted for 15 -20 minutes.
Fela became agitated for 30 minutes because he spilled the water I put on his tray to have with his supplements. He had not too long woken up. Did he have a bowel movement? Yes Bristol score: Was Fela incontinent?: No Did he have vigorous exercise?: No – Why no exercise? I tried to engage Fela in throwing and rolling the gym ball, but this did not last long. I did not insist on exercise because he had two meltdowns today which would have physically depleted him.