Fela was happy on arrival at Green Pastures. He had a positive day and was relatively calm except for a brief period of agitation which I think was due to lack of sleep. I prompted him to lie down on the red settee but he did not sleep for longer than 2o-30 minutes; he could have benefitted from a longer nap because he was up since 3:00.
The highlights of his day were:
- playing on the tongue drum to George Benson jazz.
- watching Breathe New Life church during their live stream.
- He enjoyed popcorn and walnuts with Mama for his snack followed by ice lolly and cake bowl lickings courtesy of Michael’s baking.
- he chose to watch T.D. Jakes preaching on youtube before lunch. He watched some more after lunch.
- I prompted Fela to open his Christmas cards from Grandad Johnny and Nanna Hazel. He requested that I read the words to him. He was very captivated by the one from Grandad and was holding it and looking at it for some time.
- I gave Fela a manicure.
- I prompted Fela to have a nap upstairs on the red settee as he was nodding off in the armchair. He only napped for a short while – no more than 3o minutes in total.
- I applied aloe propolis cream and a plaster to Fela’s left middle finger as he kept rubbing it constantly. It was tender to touch as he pulled away so I think it may have kept him up last night, and prevented him from napping peacefully.
- We rang Nanna Hazel and Fela said “hello Nanna” and “thank you Nanna” when prompted. This was for his Christmas card which he opened earlier.
- Fela was offered a choice between two DVDs beginning with “I” – ‘Inside Out’ and ‘It’s a Very Merry Muppet Christmas’. He chose the latter, and Michael sat with him whilst Mama went upstairs to do some Admin.
- When I came down at 7:30, I noticed Fela was nodding off again so I gave him his poppette sensory toy to play with.
- I decided not to go ahead with a footspa even though it was on the board as this would probably have put him to sleep again. I took it off the board and Fela seemed okay with this.
- He listened to some easy listening after the film and as he finished off his snack.
- He is currently relaxing quietly in the bath.
Arousal States – Start: 1 Baseline End: 1 Baseline Did his state change? Yes to 4 – Agitated Fela became agitated on the red settee soon after tapping on his forehead. I offered him a head massage but before I could do it properly, his arousal level increased. This happened soon after his afternoon nap which was cut short. A white willow bark was administered around 17:15. Did he have a bowel movement? Yes Bristol score: Was Fela incontinent?: No Did he have vigorous exercise?: No – Why no exercise?No exercise was on the Plan