Fela arrived at Green Pastures at 9:30. These are the highlights of his day:
- Michael knocked up another batch of peanut cookies so Fela was able to lick the bowl much to his delight.
- Due to his disturbed sleep, I offered him a choice between going for a walk or the gym. He chose the gym. He ended up doing a whole hour using a combination of the arm cycle, cross trainer, rowing machine, bicycle, skater and treadmill. He did really amazingly on the cross trainer and the treadmill where he combined walking fast with running for 10 minutes. Well done, Fela!
- We all enjoyed homemade pizza on gluten-free pastry for lunch. At the end, Michael asked him to point to certain objects on the placemat e.g. cat, flowers, window.
- We played some makaton signs for window, rooms in the house and weather.
- We practised singing “happy birthday” to Nanna Hazel before calling her. Unfortunately, she was not home so we sang for her on the answer machine.
- I offered Fela the opportunity to have a nap. He was very keen and went upstairs readily. He slept for an hour, then I woke him.
- After his fruit salad and yogurt snack, he listened to the makaton song “If you’re happy and you know it”. We went over all the parts of the body as listed on the plan.
- I gave Fela the choice between colouring or storytime, and he chose story time so I read him two poems and a Bible story about Gideon. He seemed to enjoy them.
- After dinner, he reacted promptly when asked to bounce on the gym ball. He ended up bouncing for about 45 minutes on and off.
- At the time of writing, Fela is relaxing in the bath.
All in all, he has had a good day although he has been vocal on and off and slow in processing and moving on from tasks.
Arousal States – Start: 2a – Vocal End: 1 Baseline Did his state change? No to Did he have a bowel movement? Yes Bristol score: Was Fela incontinent?: No Did he have vigorous exercise?: Yes – Very strenuous exercise at the gym.