Fela was noisy from the time of his arrival at Green Pastures around 9:10. However, he did nor=t appear to be on the verge of agitation, so I reminded him throughout the day to “shh” or be quiet. He would put his finger over his lips and repeat the sound then try his best to be quiet for a few minutes.
The highlights of his day were as follows:
- He played on his tongue drum to George Benson in concert.
- He enjoyed licking the mixing bowl after Michael prepared mixtures for chocolate and raisin muffins and peanut butter cookies.
- Fela watched Breathe church online service as it streamed live.
- Fela enjoyed lasagne for lunch. He has not had this for a long time.
- Fela chose to watch T.D Jakes preaching on youtube rather than music.
- Fela asked for apple sauce for his snack – his signs for this are signs for apple + bowl. I warmed up some sauce we had and added pineapple chunks and some strawberry yogurt.
- I rang Nanna Hazel but Fela immediately requested the loo, then spent a long time on the loo so he did not get a chance to speak to her.
- I gave Fela a hair cut, facial then manicure.
- After dinner, Michael offered him a DVD while Mama went upstairs to complete her admin. Fela chose to watch ‘Aladdin; After allowing Fela’s dinner to settle, I offered him a footspa as he watched the film. I put a few drops of ylang ylang oil in the water to aid his relaxation.
- Fela entered the bath at 21:15. He requested a face scrub.
- He was in bed and lights out by 22:30 after sleep oil, athlete’s foot treatment of almond oil, sleeping mask and fan left on.
Arousal States – Start: 3 – Very Noisy End: 1 Baseline Did his state change? No to Did he have a bowel movement? Yes Bristol score: Was Fela incontinent?: No Did he have vigorous exercise?: No – Why no exercise? No exercise planned on Activity planner