Considering that Fela’s sleep was interrupted during the night, he was in a good mood although vocal throughout the day.
The highlights of the day were as follows:
- We went to the Country cottage kitchen in Winkhill, near Leek and had a lunch on the balcony. this was an early Fathers Day celebration. Fela had been there before but it was the first visit for Michael and me. The manager had told us that no track and trace would be required for dining outside and use of the toilet if necessary. I made sure to take Fela’s lunchtime supplements and echinacea with us to take before lunch. The food was great! Fela requested ice cream in the car park, and I allowed him to have the gluten free, vegan one as a dessert because it was a special occasion.
- On the drive home, we picked up some more sleep tincture from the medical herbalist who lives in Leek.
- On returning home, I got the upstairs office conducive for sleep and did the board with Fela.
- I suspected he would not want to sleep before his snack so we took the opportunity to wrap some presents for Michael for Fathers Day.
- After his light snack, I prompted him to lie down. He appeared to sleep for just short of an hour.
- Fela enjoyed another treat of homemade pizza on gluten free puff pastry for dinner.
- Whilst allowing the food to settle we engaged in another preparation for Fathers Day, then Fela initiated bouncing on the gym ball. He did this for 25 minutes and was sweating a lot so I prompted him to change his shirt, then he continued for a bit longer.
- His nose was streaming and he was blowing his nose a lot so I decided to give him another fourth echinacea capsule at 19:30. This seemed to help him calm significantly. A also gave him a head massage with a special comb.
- After his kalms and snack, we left for his home, and left him in Teresa’s hands around 21:00.
Arousal States – Start: 1 Baseline End: 1 Baseline Did his state change? Yes to 2a – Vocal Fela has been vocal on and off throughout the day. Did he have a bowel movement? No Bristol score: Was Fela incontinent?: No Did he have vigorous exercise?: Yes – Bouncing on gym ball after dinner.