Fela was in bed and light s out by 22:40. Th Aeronauts CD and the fan were left on -CD player on volume 6 as the house and neighbourhood are very quiet.
Fela slept upstairs in guest room and I slept upstairs in my office so I could keep an ear out for him. I heard him at 2:50 so I prompted him to the loo. The bed was dry but he did not settle back to sleep until around 5:00. In the interim period, I kept checking on him:
- I noticed the fan noise was distinct so I turned the fan off.
- I noticed the blue light from the CD player so I put an object in front of it to block it.
- I changed the CD to ‘Nature & Music 1: Music in the Woods’ in case he was bored of Aeronauts on repeat.
- Finally I applied a bit of sleep oil just to his forehead.
- I let Fela sleep until 8am as I thought he was on amber but on further reflection he is on a caution. He had a total of about 7 hours.
I left just after 9:00 when Anne came to pick me up. Ritik had just arrived to support Michael during the day. Michael was about to read the social story of the day to Fela whilst he was having his morning supplements and refreshments. Fela was vocal throughout the morning and took a long time on the toilet which I prompted him to go to immediately after waking. The bed was dry. When I said I was going, he began signing for porridge and cake lickings. I reassured him that Michael would make him porridge.
Arousal States – Start: 1 Baseline End: 1 Baseline Did his state change? Yes to 2b – Vocal Unhappy After waking around 2:50 Fela was vocal on and off until he slept again around 5:00. Did he have a bowel movement? Yes Bristol score: Was Fela incontinent?: No Did he have vigorous exercise?: –