Fela has been vocal throughout the day and has had a chilled out day. The highlights of the day were as follows:
- he played on the tongue drum to George Benson jazz music.
- Mama made date and cinnamon cake and Fela enjoyed licking the bowl.
- Fela chose to watch T.D. Jakes in the afternoon and after dinner.
- When offered a DVD, he chose ‘Sister Act 2’. I did some ironing as we watched together. I sang along to some of the songs e.g. ‘O happy day’.
- Fela requested a manicure and pedicure which I delivered. I focused on trying to remove the dead skin between his toes.
- I tried to engage Fela in some exercises with the gym ball as dance music was playing but he was not keen and chose T.D. Jakes instead – a calmer version called ‘Model Homes’.
- Fela was given 2 capsules of echinacea with his lunch. He seemed to perk up after lunch, but he was encouraged to blow his nose with his hanker or on a tissue then put the tissue in a bag.
- I gave him ahead massage after lunch as well as a tiger balm rub on his chest and back and behind his ears and on forehead.
- Fela had two bowel movements during the day.
- He was energetic enough to pull Mama’s hand towards the bath after his evening snack, and to pull me to the kitchen to get out the bowl and request almonds for his evening snack.
- Fela is currently relaxing in the bath.
Arousal States – Start: 3 – Very Noisy End: 2a – Vocal Did his state change? Yes to 1 Baseline Fela has been vocal on and off throughout the day. Did he have a bowel movement? Yes Bristol score: Was Fela incontinent?: No Did he have vigorous exercise?: No – Why no exercise?Fela was recovering from his cold and was not keen on exercise.