Fela was very noisy for most of the morning especially when we got in the car to go to Westport Lake. Fela was slapping his thighs and would not stop when Michael asked him to. So I distracted him by talking about and signing what we were going to have for lunch.
The highlights of Fela’s day were:
- lovely popcorn and walnut snack followed by an ice lolly on request.
- playing with his tongue drum to John Coltrane jazz.
- 1 hour of cycling around Westport Lake x 6 laps. Fela was noisy for most of these laps, but he calmed down on the journey home. His bandage nearly fell off from the sweating but he managed to put it back on until we returned home.
- Fela requested pasta, pesto and fish on the way home so he obviously was not impressed with my offer of peanut butter and jam sandwiches with corn chips.
- Fela chose to watch T.D. Jakes just before lunch so we continued with this after lunch.
- Michael made some more muffins so Fela and I were able to enjoy the lickings – so good!!! This co-incided with his fruit and yogurt snack.
- Fela picked the TEACCH card for manicure so I gave him a manicure followed by a pedicure. He really enjoyed this.
- Fela became agitated just before dinner which was odd since he’s normally happy to see food. He had been asking for lamb throughout the day so perhaps he was disappointed.
- After dinner, we put some dance music on youtube which included artists from the nineties and noughties – Brandy, Brownstone, N’Sync, Backstreet Boys and Carlos Santana. Fela did a lot of rocking in his seat but would not be persuaded to get up and dance. I let him off the hook since he already did an hour’s cycling earlier in the day.
- Fela requested hot chocolate so I gave him 1/2 cup followed by a small mug of Sleepwell tea. He was very happy afterwards.
- At the moment he is relaxing in the bath, and I’m about to go and help him finish off his evening routine.
Arousal States – Start: 3 – Very Noisy End: 1 Baseline Did his state change? Yes to 4 – Agitated Fela was noisy throughout most of the morning and only calmed down after exerting himself at Westport Lake. He also became agitated just before dinner. Did he have a bowel movement? Yes Bristol score: Was Fela incontinent?: No Did he have vigorous exercise?: Yes – Very strenuous cycling at Westport Lake.