Green Tea is considered a superfood because of its multiple benefits. It contains less than 1% caffeine – a third less than a cup of coffee – so does not need to be decaffeinated. It:
- boosts metabolism.
- helps reduce hunger and promotes weight loss.
- is a powerful antioxidant which inhibits the growth of cancer; and kills cancer cells without harming healthy tissue.
- protects blood pressure against risk of clot.
- It is rich in polyphenols and reduces inflammation.
- It helps improve brain function without the “buzz” of caffeine. [see healthline.com]